Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WOW I'm 35 & Our Family Reunion

We just got home from our 2008 Family Reunion...we had an awesome time I might say. We had a few bumps and surprises but it wouldn't be a trip if that didn't happen. A quick recap...

We arrived on Wednesday...
We said hello to Yogi Bear...
We hunted for crawdads & tadpoles...
We played "Iron Chef"...(winner was a hash brown potatoes baked in tiny muffin tins with sour cream ..yum)
We had wine tasting... bubble boy won...with his Walmart Shampoo Bottle of wine...we sort of through the competition heeheehee
We played a ton of water games with the kids...
We played Pirate Bingo...
We played our version of Jeopardy...
We ate like kings everything in site...
We sang songs around a campfire...and ate smores...
They sang me happy birthday...
We (well I) read my new book "Breaking Dawn"
Hubby sprained his ankle on said book...
We got completely dirty...
We tossed balloons, balls and horseshoes...
We popped everyone's balloons...
We won awards...
Some played golf...
We took a ton of photos...
We left on Sunday...
_________________________

And then I turned 35 on the 7th...without much whoopee....which was actually fine.
I'm happy turning 35
I'm content with where I have ended-up thus far..
I'm incredibly lucky to have a great hubby, great kids, great friends, and great family
I could sit and list 35 things at 35 but that isn't to original so I will by pass the boring stuff and simply say I'm happy really happy!!! I'm not looking forward to the changes in my near future but it will be fine in the end. And the end is what matters not the how ya get there junk.
_________________________

Changes in the near future

I quit my job after 16 years...happy birthday to me from my hubby
The kids go back to school...bubble boy in 1st grade, sweet pea in 3-days preschool
I pulled myself off the mother's club board...
I dropped out of one of my playgroups...
No soccer this season...what will we do with our sat. free...
Hubby has a bunch of training coming up...
I'm going to see Madonna in concert...
& I'm going away with my girlfriends again soon....

No comments: