Monday, January 5, 2009

Home again...

We spent our weekend in Chico, visiting cousins. It was heaven!!! My aunt and uncle adore my children! They love to entertain, engage, and enjoy them. They spent so much quality time doing the simplest of things, playing cards, baking, going for walks by the creek. These are the memories my kids will remember. These are the trips that are most important.

Today is Jan. 5th it does not feel like 2009. The weather is cold, foggy, and misty...just the way I like it. But something is missing....I'm not sure what!!! A feeling that should be here for January. The feeling of new and fresh, but rather I'm feeling cold and lonely. The house was empty while the kids were at school and I thought that was what I wanted...some quiet time to myself. I missed them!!! I'm happy they are home even if they fight and argue. Missy is running through the house singing Mary Poppins songs while I unload the laundry....I live in a cozy sort of heaven. Something don't change...I still think randomly....

No comments: